Thursday, August 30, 2012

Product Review: Gotta Try or Pass It By Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation

Disclaimer: The following is a product review. The comments below are my own personal feelings. I purchase this product with my own money and have not received any compensation for this review. I'm not affiliated with the company.

Like most people makeup wearers, I'm on the constant quest to find my Holy Grail foundation. When I heard Urban Decay was coming out with a new foundation, I must admit my curiosity was peeked. After doing some research, I decided to purchase the Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup (what a name, huh??) in shade 8.0. Down below is how Urban Decay describes the product.

This formula helps skin achieve a natural, illuminated and bright finish— like the beautiful skin you were born with. Naked Skin is formulated with light-diffusing spheres, transforming you to look professionally retouched. Buildable coverage allows women to customize their look. Available in a meticulously calibrated range of shades, Urban Decay’s precise shade numbering system does poetic justice to both warm tones (ending in “.0”) and cool skin tones (ending in “.5”). The finish is matte, never flat, and luminous, but not shiny. This makeup loads skin with a list of nourishing ingredients including: Matrixyl 3000 (a powerful anti-wrinkle peptide), protective and brightening Litchiderm, antioxidant Green Tea and Sodium Hyaluronate for optimal skin hydration and nutrient absorption. Naked Skin is suspended in a sleek, sophisticated pump bottle, allowing more control and less waste of product.
Formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan



So is this product a Gotta Try or Pass It By???????????????



GOTTA TRY

I would recommend going into Sephora or Ulta and trying a sample of this foundation. The price of $38 for 1 fl oz, is not too bad and is on par with other prestige foundation The shade in the tube can be a bit deceiving so trying the product in store will make it easier when try to chose the right shade for you. I love the fact that in Texas heat and humidity this product didn't oxidize and turn me Muppet orange. I really love the demi-matte finish, I felt like my skin still look like skin and not like all the life had been sucked out of my skin. I use 2 pumps and it gives a medium coverage. If your looking for a full coverage foundation, this might be one you might want to skip. I also love the fact the foundation has skin loving ingredients and is cruelty and paraben free.








I still use a concealer to cover my under eye circles and set my foundation with Makeup Forever's HD powder. I do find that I do need to touch up mid-day, but I feel like that's to be expected with my very oily skin. Overall I do like this foundation, but would recommend trying a sample first, just so you can see how the product wears on your skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment