Sunday, October 5, 2014

So........I got to be part of An IT Cosmetics Infomercial!



 In late July, I had the amazing opportunity to take part of an IT Cosmetics infomercial! I know you're probably wondering how I pulled that off (heck I am too!). Well, long story made short, IT Cosmetics announced they were looking for real IT Cosmetics users, to be considered I had to submit my IT Cosmetics story. So after a phone interview and IT Cosmetics carefully narrowing down who made the cut, yours truly made the cut.

 My time in L.A was amazing! Everyone I met was so nice and shared my same excitement. IT Cosmetics was sooooo generous gifting us with a ton of product. We arrived on set and were pampered by hair and makeup. While I can't share too much, I can say the set looked beautiful!





 The infomercial was shot at the iconic Jim Hensen studios. The lot was beautiful and decked out with popular Jim Hensen characters. I bonded quickly with the other ladies chosen for this special opportunity. I was able to meet other bloggers and home shopping junkies, so I was right at home!





 

 There was a moment on set I'll never forget. As Jaime walked onto the set for the first time, everyone in the audience gave her around of applause. This made Jaime tear up and the director said "Ladies and gentlemen, you are witnessing somebody's dream come true. In my head, I could imagine how many hours Jaime must have put in to arrive at this moment. How many no's she must of heard, but here she is seeing a dream realized.





When I had some off time, I spent the day shopping with one of my first blogging friends, BeautywithMika. Mika has been a friend and source of support since I started blogging, so I was so happy to finally meet her in person. She was so nice and I felt like I had known her, even though we were meeting for the first time.























 We had a great time shopping in Hollywood and hit up Sephora twice!

 Currently, the infomercial is being edited, so I can't say if you'll actually see me in it. Only time will tell, but it was such an amazing experience.

I left California feeling inspired and ready to work. I have so many goals and dreams and this trip helped to ignite the passion to pursue these dreams. I hope this post gives you that same feeling!


XOXO,
Raquel

No comments:

Post a Comment