Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Stepping Up Their Game: Tarte adds more shades to their Amazonian Clay Foundation Line

 Tarte at my local inside my local Sephora

It's no secret, Tarte is one of my all time favorite makeup brands. I've seen products (like Lights Camera, Splashes in it's cute denim tube) disappear from the line and watch how natural ingredients such as Maracuja Oil and Amazonian Clay have made their way into foundations and skincare.
One area of Tarte's line that quite honestly left me feeling disappointed was the limited color range in their foundations. I would get excited, ready to gladly give Sephora or Ulta all my money to get my hands on Tarte's latest foundation creation only to find out they didn't make it in my shade.

It's been awhile since I've checked out Tarte's foundation offering because I didn't think they made shades that fit my NC45 skin tone. After reviewing Tarte's Be Your Own Tarteist TSV, I found myself extremely curious in their line of foundations again. What I found surprised me in a good way.

Tarte's Shade Chart

Tarte has added more shades in both their Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Foundation and Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation. The colors have been added to all the color categories: Fair, Light, Medium, Tan, and Deep. When adding the new shades Tarte took into account different undertones and created this chart to help you find your perfect color match.


I'm wearing Tarte's Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Foundation in Tan-Deep-Honey, Lorac Unzipped Palette on my eyes, and Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in Corina

I've been testing out the Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Foundation in Tan Deep Honey and so far I'm enjoying it. I'll continue to test it out and will bring you a "Would I Work For..." soon.

I'm happy to see that Tarte saw a need to widen their shade range. It's one thing not to like a foundation, but not having the opportunity to due to a limited shade range is another story all together.

You can find the new shades at Ulta, Sephora, and Tarte.com

XOXO,
Raquel


No comments:

Post a Comment