Saturday, June 29, 2013

Get Seduced By the Tropics: M-A-C Tropical Taboo


 
Hey Guys, I wanted to share with you the items I picked up from MAC's Tropical Taboo Collection. This collection made it's debut earlier than expected and has some really beautiful colors you might want to add to your collection.

Originally, when I placed my order I added the Mineralized Blush in Simmer in my cart. Due, to some technical issues, it was changed to Sweet Samba and that was the blush that was sent.

MAC later sent an email, not only acknowledging the mistake but told me I could keep the Sweet Samba Blush (without charge) and they have mailed Simmer (the shade I wanted). After, reading that I literally did the "Carlton" all around my house.

MAC, by doing that you have almost made up for that online fiasco you made me go through for the RiRi Hearts MAC Summer Collection. Enough about me let's learn more about the collection and check out some swatches!!!


Here's what M-A-C says about the Tropical Taboo Collection:

M•A•C captures the passion of samba in a shimmering colour collection pulsating with sensuality. Give in to the heat, beat and exotic glamour of shades that define desire. Be seduced by the lure of the Latin beat.






MAC Mineralized Lipstick in Midnight Mambo, $22


MAC Mineralized Lipstick in Midnight Mambo $22:  This is the only limited edition shade in the collection. MAC describe this lip color as an intense violet. I find that there's a nice amount of pink in this shade. It glides nicely on the lips and adds a nice shine to the lips. The packaging is unique and different from other MAC lipsticks. There's a magnet that helps keep the top on your lipstick to help prevent any accidents.










Midnight Mambo on lips                  
                                                                            
                                                                         Mineralized lipstick left, Traditional MAC lipstick right





                                      MAC Cremesheen Glass in Fever Isle on lips


MAC Cremesheen Glass in Fever Isle $20: All 4 Cremesheens in this collection are limited edition. The two shades: Narcissus and Japanese Spring are re-promotes. MAC describes Fever Isle as a bright red coral. Like it's name this gloss is extremely creamy. Unfortunately, it was not as opaque as I would have liked.



MAC Mineralized Blush in Sweet Samba $25:  All 3 mineralized blush in this collection are limited edition. MAC describes Sweet Samba as a park Pink with tan pearl. I was very impressed by this blush. It's extremely pigmented, and the rich, dark pink will perk up cheeks. Perfect for summer!!!






Colors of Mineralized Blush in Sweet Samba Swatches (From top to bottom): Dark Pink & Tan Mixed, Dark Pink (alone), Tan Shade (alone)


Overall, I enjoyed the items I picked up from this collection. I, Raquel, would work for the
Mineralized Blushes and the Mineralized Lipstick in Midnight Mambo. The colors are rich and beautiful and I think many makeup lovers would enjoy these in their makeup arsenal. The Cremesheen lipgloss was a miss for me. I like the shade, but I feel that its pretty dupable. I do have my eye on the Cremesheen gloss in Narcissus. From swatches I have seen, there seems to be more of that "opaqueness" I was looking for. Hope you find this review helpful. Let me know what items you decide to pick up from this collection. Happy Shopping!!!

XOXO
Raquel                                                                                  Midnight Mambo & Fever Isle


No comments:

Post a Comment