Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Gotta Try or Pass It By: New Maybelline Color Sensational Gloss




When I stare at my makeup collection was thing becomes very clear. I have a thing for lip gloss. I think it started when I was 12  and able to wear Bonne Bell Lip Smackers. There were so many flavors to chose from. I was hooked and looking at my makeup stash, I still am.
 I had seen the ads for the Maybelline Color Sensational Gloss, but how good could this product really be? Drugstore brand glosses had let me down in the past. MAC and Nars glosses had been good to me, but they are pricey. I didn't want to face another heartbreak. Priced at $5.50 (Walmart), I decided to put myself out there, and check out this new line of glosses.

Here what Maybelline's website says about the product:

--More Vibrant Color from pure liquid pigment
--Cleaner Shine from 100% wax-free gloss
-- Creamier Feel from nourishing honey nextar 
-- 12 Arresting Shades





If I was going to get back into the drugstore lip gloss dating pool, I was going to go all in. I picked up four shades of the gloss in shades: 80 Gleaming Grenadine, 100 Raspberry Reflections, 110 Mirrored Mauve, and 120 Plum Luster. After playing with these, I think they are a product you.............................................


         GOTTA TRY!!!!!!



First, let's talk about the packaging. You get .7oz of product. It's nice and sleek without trying to hard. It has a nice weight to it and looks more expensive than it's actually price. 

It  has a doe-foot applicator with a bent (kinda like a spatula) which helps to spread the product perfectly on to the lips.





The formula is rich and creamy. It feels so lush on your lips, almost like a liquid lipstick. When it comes to gloss, there's usually a sacrifice of color in exchange for shine. With this product you get both.

Shades swatched from left to right: Raspberry Reflections, Plum Luster, Mirrored Mauve, and Gleaming Grenadine

Raspberry Reflections on lips.


Plum Luster on lips.

Mirrored Mauve on lips.

Gleaming Grenadine on lips.
There are 12 shades so I think there will be multiple shades that are going to capture your interest. I do plan on getting few more shades, since I love these glosses so much. This is definitely my fav drugstore gloss!!

No comments:

Post a Comment