Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Gotta Try or Pass It By: Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream






I think we have all seen the Garnier BB Cream commerical. You know the one were the girl ethusicastically screams "BB"!! I have seen this commerical tons of times and wondered to myself "is that stuff that good that it's worth screaming about"? I have seen BB creams at local retailers, but haven't picked one up due to the limited shade range. After discovering Maybelline has 5 shades, I felt comfortable enough to take a leep of faith and try the product.

But first, what is a BB Cream? BB creams, also know as blemish or beauty balms are popular in East and Southeast Asia and have been around since 1960. They are known to be an all-in-one product, so it's your serum, moistuirzer, protects, even skin tone, etc. In Asia, most have a skin whitening poperty.





Maybelline Dream Fresh 8-1 Beauty Balm Skin Perfector, 1 oz. retails for $8.99


Here's what Maybelline says about the product:

Get 8 skin benefits in 1 simple step:


Blurs imperfections
Brightens
Evens skin-tone
Smoothes
Hydrates
Enhances
Protects with SPF 30
0% oils and heavy ingredients
5 shades (Light, Light/Medium, Medium, Medium/Deep, & Deep)



I choose the shade Medium/Deep (I'm a NC-45 in MAC and 8.0 in Urban Decay Naked Skin). After using this product for a few week. I think this product is a................................................................

GOTTA TRY




                                                     Maybelline BB in Medium/Deep



First, lets talk shade selection. Compared to other drugstore brands,the Maybelline BB has a wider variety of shades to choose from. I found Medium/Deep to be a perfect match for my skin.

I like that this product has an SPF of 30, which is more than most drugstore BB Creams. This product will not give you anything more than light coverage, so if you have a young daughter who's starting to get into makeup, I think this is a good place to start. If your a person who like medium/full coverage you should pass this product by.

I use my Urban Decay De-slick underneath and  find the product wears pretty wear. It doesn't cover all my imperfections, so I use a bit of concealer for those areas that need a little more attention.

Overall, I do feel this is a product worth trying. If you are not able to find a shade rich enough for your skin tone, Iman will launch a BB cream this December 2012.





No comments:

Post a Comment