Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Be the Queen of Your Concrete Jungle with Tarte's Rain Forest After Dark Palette

When Tarte was having their Friends & Family sale, I instantly knew exactly what I wanted to pick up. The Rain Forest After Dark Palette was a must grab from the sale. After recieving this palette and putting this baby to the test, I can honestly say this is one of my favorite Tarte palettes...EVER!! Let's take a closer look.


 Tarte Rainforest After Dark Palette Limited Edition, $38




 According to Tarte's website:

Limited-edition colored clay eye & cheek palette for endless day to play looks.
Product Performance: Inspired by the deep orchid hues of the Rainforest at dusk, this palette has everything you need to create sultry, sophisticated looks to take you from day to night. Each pigmented, flattering shade is infused with colored clay, which naturally color-corrects as it helps control oil for longer, truer wear. This next generation ingredient from the mountainous regions of Brazil brightens, evens and soothes skin while the velvety formula glides on and delivers rich color without settling into fine lines or wrinkles.



 



 Swatches from left to right: bare to explore, make a mauve, plum away with me, up to no gold, tan-gled up in you,  & don't turn a-brown


 Swatches from left to right: Champagne highlighter, Park Avenue Princess bronzer, & Unleashed blush



 Look Card







 This palette contains 6 eyeshadows (3 mattes, 3 shimmer) as well as a blush, bronzer, and highlighter. You also get a card that shows you how to create 2 looks. I found the quality of the products to be excellent. The powders are creamy and very pigmented. If you have a deeper skin tone, like I do you might have layer the bronzer and blush for it to appear on the skin. I plan on using the bronzer to blend out shadows in my crease area, since it's a tad to light on my skin to create a bronzing affect.

The only thing I wasn't crazy about is that the names of the shadows are on plastic film. I would have preferred name been listed on the actual palette.


This is the look I came up with using the Rainforest After Dark palette. I think it's a simple soft look, that can be vamped up easily to make it more of a night time look. The products I used are all listed below.








Face: Mally Ultimate Performance Foundation in Tan, Park Avenue Princess (contour), Champagne (highlight)

Eyes: tan-gled up in you (all over lid), plum away with me (crease), don't turn a-brown (outer v) champagne (brow highlight), Tarte Light's, Camera, Lashes Mascara, Lorac 3-D Lustre Liner in Amethyst/Blackberry

Brows: Anastasia Brow Pomade in Chocolate

Lips: Bite Beauty Lip Pencil in Madeira


I'm thrilled with this palette! Not only are the colors beautiful, this palette is a great value. A full size .2 oz Amazonian Clay Blush would cost you $26. This blush in this palette is .21 oz, so the way I look at it, your getting 6 shadows, bronzer, and highlighter for only $12 more.

This palette is available at tartecosmetics.com, sephora.com, ulta.com, and QVC.

Feel free to share your thoughts!

XOXO,
Raquel

No comments:

Post a Comment