Monday, October 15, 2012

Gotta Try or Pass It By: Clean & Clear Advantage Oil Absorbing Cream Cleanser

I was at Walmart one day, doing my usual shopping, when somehow I manage to find myself in the skincare department. I was glancing at different products, when one in particular caught my eye. Being a  part of the "oily skinned"club, I'm always on the hunt for that "miracle" product. You know the one that will banish my oils for good? And there it was. Sitting perfectly on the shelve: Clean and Clear Advantage Oil Absorbing Cream Cleanser. Could this be the answer to controlling my skin and dare I say make my skin balance? If it is I would have my oily skin membership revoke, but I'd be ok with that,  I could happily join the "I have perfectly balance skin" society.  With the claim: "Controls shine all day long", I knew I had to give these product a try. So, I grab the product off the self and went on about my shopping.





Here's what Clean & Clear website says about the product:

There are cleansers. And then there’s ADVANTAGE® Oil Absorbing Cream Cleanser, the only one with POWDERPARTICLES technology that absorbs oil—even after you wash. The cleanser leaves you with a soft, powdery-finish that helps control oil so your skin stays less shiny all day.


I been using this product for a while. So was it a GOTTA TRY or PASS IT BY???????????????????????


                                      PASS IT BY


Hmm, I do I put this nicely..... I hate this cleanser!! This cream cleanser does not feel the way you expect a cream cleanser to feel.There seems to be some grit in the product (I assume to absorb excess oil) and feels more like a thick mask, than a cream cleanser. I have pretty strong skin and don't have many skin sensitives, but the Menthol in this product burn my skin and let me red in some areas. I do use oil controlling products, so while testing this product I stop because I wanted to test the claim "controls shine all day long". For me I wasn't more oily after using this product, but I definitely wasn't less oily. The cleanser as a strong perfum-my scent which I didn't particular like either.


















  I would not recommend purchasing this product. It does not live up to the claims it states on the packaging. So, I will continue to hold on to my "oily skinned" membership card until I find a product that actually works.

No comments:

Post a Comment