Saturday, October 27, 2012

Gotta Try or Pass It By: E.l.f Stuido HD Blush

I was super excited when I found out E.l.f was launching a HD Blush. Knowing what I know I know about the E.l.f brand, I knew it would be affordable (especially compared to the Makeup Forever Blush that sells for $26). Armed with a code to take off I  purchase two of the five shade: Diva and Encore(one shade Superstar was sold out and the other two I didn't think would be flattering to my skin tone). My order arrived pretty quickly and I started experimenting with the HD Blushes immediately.
The blushes retail for $3 and are .34 oz in size

Here's how E.l.f website describes the Studio HD blushes:

Rich and creamy HD Blush naturally sculpts and highlights the cheekbones for a soft-focus effect that is great for everyday use. The Vitamin E enriched formula conditions and hydrates the skin for a healthy, radiant glow. Velvety soft, lightweight and highly pigmented color creates a long-lasting result for all day wear.


                             So is E.l.f's HD Blush a Gotta Try or Pass It By???????????????

                        GOTTA TRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



For starter's these blushes are SUPER-PIGMENTED!!  So pigmented I do feel like there's a a bit of a learning curb, to get the right amount and blend it on the cheeks.One container of this blush should last you a VERY long time. You only need the tiniest amount. It wears pretty well on the skin and at the end of my day, I could still see a light flush to my cheeks.



Shade Above: Diva


There are some pros and cons to the packaging. Pro: Having a pump keeps air and bacteria out. Con: I do wish the pump dispensed less of the product because a little goes a very long way. I have found the best way to apply this product is with a stippling brush, it helps give the most natural look. I'm happy with my purchase and plan on purchasing Superstar when it becomes available.





Shade Above: Encore

No comments:

Post a Comment