Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Gotta Try or Pass It By: Maybelline Baby Lips Electro

             Maybelline Baby Lips Electro in Pink Shock & Strike a Rose, $3.99, 6 shades

Speaking honestly, I'm not the hugest fan of the Maybelline Baby Lips. My lips can get pretty dry, and the Baby Lips just do not deliver when it comes to moisture (well at least on my lips). Even with this in mind, the new Maybelline Baby Lips Electro made it into my Walgreens basket (the temptation of trying a new product was just too strong).

Here's some info that can be found on Maybelline's site:

8HR Hydration with a Neon Kick
Electric color pigments in our exclusive lip renew formula
In 6 New Tinted Shades

                                     Shades from left to right: Strike a Rose & Pink Shock 

According to Maybelline the Baby Lips Electro Lip Balm provides clinical care, plus visibly renewed lips in just 1 week:
  • 88% had smoother lips
  • 82% had less dry lips
  • 70% had more supple lips
  • 83% had better-looking lips

  • The new "Electros" are not labeled limited edition and I noticed while at Wal-Mart; they were added to permanent display. I feel these lippies are much like their older sister, counterparts minus the spf (and we all know how I feel about spf!!).

    These wear comfortably, they aren't to heavy and provide a nice wash of color to the lips. I'm glad to see that they are expanding the shades in this line and I think a lot of people will be drawn to these like the Maybelline Vivids lipstick).

    So are these a Gotta Try or a Pass It By...............................................................................................

    DEPENDS

     
    
    Colors swatched, from left to right: Strike a Rose & Pink Shock
     
     
    If you love the original Baby Lips, then you'll love these. If Baby Lips didn't work for you before, I wouldn't expect for these to become your new go-to's. If you have yet to try any of the Maybelline Baby Lips, I would recommend picking one up (Wal-Mart carries them for $2.97) to see how it works for you.
     
    So would I work for the Maybelline Baby Lip Electros. Nope, I personally would not. While I love the color (especially the Pink Shock), these just don't deliver the hydration I get from EOS lip Balms or Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment.
     
     
    Share your thoughts!!
     
    XOXO,
    Raquel
     




    

    No comments:

    Post a Comment