Saturday, July 13, 2013

Where's there Smoke(y) there's Fire: New Maybelline Master Smokey Eye Pencil

                             Maybelline Master Smokey Eye Pencil in Emerald Fury, $7.99


I have to give Maybelline credit when it comes to the "newness" department. It seems like I'm always on the hunt for the latest and greatest cosmetic item from this brand. So, it was no surprise when I heard there was a new Maybelline Smokey Eye pencil. I took a deep breath, grabbed my car keys and headed to Walgreens (here we go again).

Lucky for me , my Walgreens had plenty of the new smokey eye pencils in stock. After a intense internal debate, I decided to try Emerald Fury (when it doubt it doesn't hurt to go with the color of the year, right??).

Here's what Maybelline says about the product:

Dramatic eyes, smoky eyes that last all day in 2 simple steps. -Ultra saturated pigments glide on in a creamy formula for long-lasting, sultry color. 6 Smoky Shades



The mechanical pencil is dual sided: one end contains color and the other end a rather large smudger to blend out the color.  I would describe Emerald Fury as a "blackened green". It's a very dark, deep green and sometimes can appear black. Maybelline recommends that you apply a line with the shadow stick and use the smudger end to blend dark to light.



Here's the smokey eye look I created using this pencil. I opted for a soft, smokey green with a bit of gold. I have listed everything I used below:




Eyes
Maybelline Define-A-Brow Medium Brown
Maybelline Smokey Eye Pencil in Emerald Fury (lash line, outer third of lid)
MAC Paint Pot in Indianwood (lash line to crease)
Wet N Wild Liquid Eyeliner (upper lash line)
Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Tease (from Naked 2 palette, in crease)
Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Foxy & BootyCall (from Naked 2 palette, under brow)
Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencil in Perversion
Mally Volumizing Mascara in Black


Face
MAC ProlongWear Concealer in NW35
MAC ProlongWear Foundation in NC 45
MAC Mineralized SkinFinish Blush in Simmer (Limited Edition)

Lips
BareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Take Charge (Limited Edition)



Overall, I like this pencil, but I don't considered this a must have item. If you can catch it on sale and save a few dollars, I say pick one up. Otherwise, I feel you can create similar looks that you already have in your makeup arsenal. Let me know your thoughts.

XOXO
Raquel

No comments:

Post a Comment