Sunday, July 7, 2013

Obsession Confessions: My Favs for the Month of June

It's that time again, lets discuss my favs and not so favs for the month of June!! First the good news....


My Favs for June



TCBY Frozen Yogurt: TCBY is one of my guilty pleasures (without most of the guilt). I've love their White Chocolate Mousse since forever, so when stores started disappearing, imagine my
 disappointment. Now, that they made their way back (and are now self-serve....loving that!!) I'm so happy I can get my hands on one of my favorite treats!!

Coconut Oil: Is there anything this oil can't do??? This past moth I have use Coconut Oil as a hot oil treatment for my hair, leave in oil to seal moisture, a makeup remover to remove stubborn eye makeup, and to provide moisture to my skin which for some reason has been usually dry. Love a product I can use in a multitude of ways!!


Dickinson's  Oil Controlling Towelettes: I already loved the Dickinson Witch Hazel in it's liquid form (can you say...Holy Grail toner), so I was excited to see this travel friendly version in my Allure Summer Beauty Box. These wipes are super-saturated and great for all types. Whether your traveling or working out, these are handy to have around. FYI: During my last trip to Walmart I noticed that these wipes had a rebate offer on them, so you can try them for free!!

MAC Mineralize Lipstick in Midnight Mambo (LE): This is my first of many to come when it comes to MAC's Mineralized lipsticks. This formula is lightweight and buildable. The color Midnight Mambo is kinda deceiving. In the tube, it looks puurr-ple. Swatched, you can see there's a lot more magenta/pink to this shade. It's a gorgeous color.

Nars Matte lip pencils in Dragon Girl & Never Say Never: Ok, I'll admit it, I was scared of matte lips. Curiosity, got the better of me and I just had to find out if these Nars pencils were all that and a bag a chips (and I can tell you they are!!). I have fallen for these lippes and in particular these two colors. Dragon Girl is a wearable red. Anyone from Alabaster to a rich Mahogany shade will be able to rock this shade and look fierce. Never Say Never is a gorgeous lavender pink shade. There's something about this shade that makes me feel girly. The staying power on these is nice and you get true, opaque color.

McDonald's Medium Ice Coffee: Being away from my Keurig 3 weekends this month caused
some MAJOR separation anxiety. McDonald's Coffee (medium size is special for $1, check your local Mickey D's) help me make it through.

Bath & Body Works Watermelon Lemonade Candle: Umm, if you have yet to smell this candle, please stop reading this post, and go visit your local B&BW. This candle has a brightness that screams: Hello Summer!!!I It smells like a Watermelon Jolly Rancher and Chick-Fil-A Lemonade (doesn't Chick-Fil-A have the best darn lemonade??) had a baby. I have to constantly remind myself, that no Raquel, you can not eat the candle.

Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Risk it All: There's a reason why this lipstick has the word Marvelous in it's name. Simply put, you need to try these. They rich in pigment and creamier than your favorite chocolate mousse.

Tracee Ellis Ross: I have a girl crush on Tracee Elis Ross. And really, what's not like/love about her. She's just a girl's girl; down to earth and relatable. Recently, Tracee started a Campaign called Hair Love. The campaign is to encourage others to start conversation about what they love about their hair (instead of wishing for some else's locks). I love how this campaign promotes the positive message of  loving and rocking what you got.

MAC's Mineralized Blush in Sweet Samba: Some mistakes work themselves out in the end. That's exactly what happened when I received this shade of blush. I ordered a different shade, but due to a computer error, I was sent this shade. It's a really pretty, pigmented, rich pink. Absolutely love it!!

Bare Minerals Ready Eyeshadow 8.0 Palette in The Star Treatment: After seeing this palette on sale, I decided it was worth a try. This palette doesn't disappoint!! It has great pigment, blends nicely and wears well. You won't find any matte shades in this palette, but it's still a gorgeous one to own.


MAC's Customer Service:  Ok, ok, I know it's strange to see MAC listed in my favs and my not favs, but I have valid reasons. When I placed my order for MAC's Tropical Taboo Collection, I ordered the Mineralized Skin Finish Blush in Simmer, but due to some technical errors (on MAC's end), I received Sweet Samba. So what did MAC do?? Customer Service emailed me and told me they were sending the shade Simmer (the shade I  had tried to order) and I could keep Sweet Samba for no charge.

Freestress Half Wig in Creta Girl (1B/30):  I have truly gotten my money's worth from this half wig!! This past March, I cut all the relaxer out my hair and went fully natural (my hair was collar bone length). So on days where I want a few more styling options, I just pop this on and I'm good to go.

My Not so favs


Spurs losing the Championship: As a Texas girl, it's only natural that I root for a Texas team, especially when they are in the finals. But, geez, Spurs what happened??!!??!? All we needed was to
win Game 6, but some how it all fell apart (I won't name names, but if you watched you can tell who wasn't bring their A game). I like to dedicate the song "Didn't We Almost Have It All" to the San Antonio Spurs.





RiRi Hearts Mac Summer Launch: Two lipsticks. That's all I wanted form the RiRi Hearts Mac Collection. I didn't want the blush/bronzer. I didn't want the luster drops. Just two lipsticks. Heaux and RiRi Woo to be exact. Why, oh why, did it take over 3 hours to place this order. There's got to be a better why for Mac to offer a better way for us, the beauty community to get our hands on these items without it resulting in a hot mess.




Bobbi Brown's 7-pc Summer Essentials Collection: I don't think this is a bad collection, it just wasn't the collection for me. I picked this set up at QVC (when it was a TSV), in shade Honey. The foundation didn't match my NC45 skin and the lipstick was borderline unflattering. On the bright side, the cream eyeliner was the best I've ever tried. I can see where there kit would be good for most, but for my first Bobbi Brown purchase, it wasn't a good fit for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment