Friday, July 19, 2013

Meet My Favorite Guru: Philosophy's Guru Salt Scrub


                        Philosophy's The Guru Body Scrub $25, available at QVC and Ulta


Merriam-Webster defines guru as one who is an acknowledged leader or chief proponent; a person with knowledge or expertise: expert.
  I consider Philosophy to be one of the top "gurus", when it comes to Bath and Body products.
I love the whimsy of the packaging and the scents smell yummy. In my "Sephora Days", I would often go by and smell all the different shower gels (Bubblegum Blowout is still my fav).

While doing some online shopping I noticed an "oldie but goodie" was back: Guru!! It could not have come back at a better time (Ulta was offering free shipping with a $25 purchase). I just knew I had to scoop one up.


Here's some info on the product from QVC's site:

What is it: A glycerin-based salt body scrub, featuring a bright blend of juicy citrus notes and designed to exfoliate, smooth, and soften skin.

Who is it for: Anyone who wants to try this returning favorite; anyone who wants silky smooth, soft skin.

Why is it different: A philosophy favorite is making its return. Back from the vault, the guru salt body scrub is an old-school fan favorite because of its stimulating orange color and invigorating, bright blend of juicy citrus notes. Formulated with a hydrating glycerin base, refreshing sea salt, and natural extracts, this body scrub exfoliates rough, dry, flaky skin while helping moisturize and soften skin, leaving it feeling smooth and silky. Designed to rinse clean, this scrub is safe to use in the tub or shower.


 Closer look at The Guru

After using this scrub, it's easy to see why this is a fan favorite...it's fantastic!!! First, let's talk about the smell. It's smells as vibrant as the rich, orange color. It's smells like fresh, ripened oranges with the zest. It perks you upon smelling. You can use this product in the tub or shower. I do wish they provided a scoop, because this bad boy is THII-CCKK (but in a good way)!!



                                                             Scrub Applied to Skin



The salt warms as you massage it into the skin, which feels really nice. Upon rinsing, your skin feels immediately hydrated and smooth. And I do mean smooth. Your skin is left feeling smoother than a Boris Kodjoe pickup line (ok maybe not quite that smooth, but you can thank me for the visual).



                                   Skin after using Philosophy Guru Scrub, no moisturizer

Its recommended that you apply to dry skin and rub in a circular motion for 1 to 2 minutes then Rinse.  You can use this product up to twice a week (but I find once a week, does the job). This scrub is made for the body so you should avoid contact with eyes or open wounds (cause it is salt, thus it will burn those sensitive areas).



Would I work for Philosophy Guru Salt Scrub?? Yes, I would. I considered this a spa treat to myself (but way more affordable). It helps to keep my skin soft and hydrated. I find  that this scrub is useful to have in your beauty arsenal year round: It will help buff dead dry winter skin, and help skin look smoother, more supple in the Summer time when we are showing more skin.


Have you tried Philosophy's Guru?? Share your thoughts!!!

XOXO,
Raquel











No comments:

Post a Comment