Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Gotta Try or Pass It By: Nars Satin Lip Pencils

 
         Nars Satin Lip Pencils in Majella and Palais Royal, $25 available at Nars.com & Sephora

When I think of high end makeup, one of the brands that always comes to mind is Nars. Their luxe, sleek black packaging just screams "high end" (and buy me now, you know you want me!!).
When I heard about the launching of the Nars Satin Lip Pencil, I knew it was a product I wanted to try (I'm a serious lip junkie).


Here's what the Nars website says about the product:

 This season NARS’ new Satin Lip Pencil dresses up lips in statement shades that seduce with rich, color-bright pigments while drenching them in decadent moisture. A modern, long-wearing, vitamin-enriched formula in a jumbo pencil format to provide great wear and intense color with a satin finish. Use for lining, all-over lip color, or pairing with another lip product.
  • High-impact intense color
  • Convenient, easy and precise application

The satin pencil is available in 13 shades and each is named after parks all around the word (which I feel is kinda neat). I chose Majella (garnet) and Palais Royal (sangria ).



                                               Colors left to right: Majella & Palais Royal


So do I feel the Nars Satin Lip Pencil are a Gotta Try or a Pass It By???????????????????????????


GOTTA TRY

 
 
                                                                 Majella applied to lips
 
Palais Royal applied to lips
 
 

 

I really do like these lip pencils. They go on nice and smooth and are super pigmented.  Majella is a gorgeous rich glossy red, that all skin tones can wear. Palais Royal is that vampy, wine shade...perfect for date night or the fall season. They wear like a stain, but you will need to touch up (so make sure you throw this in your bag before heading out the door). Due to the fact you have to sharpen, you will have a little bit more product "waste" as compared to Nars Matte Lip Pencils because these are creamier in comparison. At $25 per pencil these aren't cheap, so if you can wait 'til  Friend & Family/Beauty Insider Sale, you can save yourself a few bucks.
 
 
Ok, this Gotta Try/Pass It By is a bit different. There's a another product I like just as much and is $15 cheaper. Do you already love the Nars Satin Pencils? Would you like to try the Nars pencils, but it's just not in the budget??
 
 
 

                   Sonia Kashuk Satin Luxe Lip Color w/Spf 16 in shade Violetta, $9.99 Target Stores
 
 
 
 
 If you answered yes I think your really love the Sonia Kashuk Satin Luxe Lip Color with Spf 16. Is it just as creamy as the Nars pencil? Check. Super pigment? Yep. Plus, it's in a a lipstick tube (no sharpening required!) and has spf (say what?!?!).
 
 
Of all those pluses, I think one of the biggest is the price, $9.99 (sometimes Target even offers coupons online for $2 off).
 
 
So, yes I Raquel would work for the Nars Satin Lip Pencils. I would also work for the Sonia Kashuk Satin Luxe Color with Spf 16 (and would probably have to work a lot less for it...lol).
 
Let me know your thoughts!!
 
XOXO
Raquel 

No comments:

Post a Comment